I know many of you are anxious about the current Covid-19 pandemic and we wanted to update you with what is happening at Park Farm Medical Centre and Vernon Street Surgery.
- If you have a new continuous cough or fever or a loss of taste or smell please stay at home and go to NHS 111 Online for further instructions.
- All appointments are telephone triaged first (please phone 01332 559402 or 01332 344909 to request a telephone call back). If you are driving please only take the call if it is safe to do so. Once a clinician has telephoned you they will decide whether a face to face appointment is appropriate.https://www.nsc.org/road-safety/tools-resources/infographics/hands-free-is-not-risk-free
- If you feel a photograph would help the clinician with your telephone triage appointment, then we request that you send these to SDERCCG.email@example.com
- There is also a new facility on our website called ‘Ask A Clinician a Question’. Please feel free to use this for simple queries and questions that we will try to reply to within 48 hours. Replies might take a little longer if we are really busy so please don’t use it for urgent questions. It also has an administrative section where you can request a Fit note (although please do not request a Fit note for Covid-19 but instead go to 111 online for an Isolation Note), order prescriptions, discuss test results etc.
- Many routine services previously offered have now been stopped; this is to reduce non-essential travel to protect you and our staff.
Once a clinician has telephone triaged your appointment, if a face to face appointment is deemed necessary, you will be categorised as follows:
Patients without Covid-19 symptoms
- An appointment will be given at Park Farm Medical Centre in Allestree. Our doors are shut so please ring the bell on the side door to attract the receptionists attention to gain access.
- PPE may be worn by the clinician.
Patients needing to be seen who also have Covid-19 symptoms
- An appointment will be given at our RED HUB at 10 Vernon Street, Derby.
- Please telephone 01332 344909 to let the receptionist know you have arrived.
- You will be requested to remain in your car until you are called by either a receptionist or clinician and given further instruction.
- Please ensure we have a correct mobile number for you and car registration number.
- Full PPE will be worn by the clinician but if you have a mask at home, please also wear this.
Patients needing to be seen with only Covid-19 symptoms
- Patients will be booked into the Covid-19 hub site at Derby University, Kedleston Road, Derby.
- You will be requested to remain in your car on site.
- Please ensure we have a correct mobile number for you and car registration number for the booking process.
- Full PPE will be worn by all staff and if you have a mask at home, please also wear this.
We appreciate your continued understanding and patience during this difficult time. We have been very touched by the messages of support we have received, and goodwill and understanding shown by the local community, thank you.
The Doctors & Staff at Park Farm Medical Centre and Vernon Street Surgery.